Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Cambie

Well my birthday was heaps of fun.

I started the day off at 5:55 am to get up to go to work. I covered the "Nestle Presents" nutritionist convention. So after supporting that for 9 hours I was ready for the Cambie.

We arrived and just as we got there, the Canucks scored a goal evening the points. While waiting for the others to arrive we then got to see the Canucks score again and win the game. It was very exciting to be in a bar when that happened. It also meant I had beaten the curse that I was having on the Canucks as the last 2 games I watched they had lost (before that they had been winning).

Then Kass and Bjorn turned up and Rob shortly followed. And thus we laughed and imbibed libations. For 4 hours straight.

Alcohol consumed by moi:
- 2 screwdrivers (which consited more of vodka than OJ)
- 3 jagermeister shots
- 2 Tequila shots
- countless pints of Granville Island Honey Larger

And then we went to Rob's and played Guitar Hero. And there was much rejoicing and passing out. A good night was had by all.

2 comments:

Kass said...

Indeed, a good night WAS had by all, but Jaime, you really ARE behind a week or so lol. You need to update more often! :)

Shanathalas said...

I can't believe how much beer I drank. I can't say how much, cause it really was just the one pint glass - it just kept getting filled up again.

Granville Island Honey Lager is the bestest yummiest beer I have ever had.

It was indeed a good night.