Thursday, October 12, 2006

2 hours and 33 minutes

I had a plan when I arrived home. A simple plan but a plan that amuses me to no end. I was getting comfortable and decided it would be really amusing to put on Shannon's pyjama pants and then mine over the top of them. Not only would this mean that I would be toasty warm and doubly comfortable (I mean one pair=comfortable then 2 pair would = 2 x comfort or comfort squared) and the 2nd part of the plan would have Shannon looking for her pants and thinking she was crazy for not being able to find them.

So she got home from a long day at the console and made chicken soup to help with my sore throat. Then she decided to get comfortable. "Honey, have you seen my pants?" (an amusing line which has stuck with us from a nescafe ad in Australia). "Ah no dear, where did you last see them?". Now I had deliberatly let the end of the pants legs slightly show just under mine. She spied it and then yelled bloody vengenance. What next could only be described as a Benny Hill-esque* of chasing around the house trying to get the pyjama pants.

Then we called Jen and congratulated her on finding out the sex of her baby.

* I couldn't actually find any actual benny hill chase senes but I did see some silly things on YouTube , but I think the silliest was this one.

5 comments:

Kass said...

I think its far more amusing you were wearing girls pj bottoms, altho the image of Shannon chasing you, does appeal also lol.

Shanathalas said...

It took me about 30 seconds from the time I went searches for said pjs to finding them in your pants!!!

Jaime said...

Actually Kass, shan wears boy pj's. Shes a thru an' thru tomboy.

Anonymous said...

i can totally imagine that. how funny :)

Kass said...

Yeah, you kept telling yourself that Jaime lol.