Sunday, July 23, 2006

Happiness is a warm couch

What a week. First I feel that I've overheard some diabolical alien laughter. Next I win 24 dollars on a scratchie (yes!). A day or two later I walked past the same lumberyard and hear a Kookaburra call. Obviously its not aliens, but an international bird smuggling ring. Or at least thats what the aliens want me to think.

However the best part of the week was the weekend. Shan and I went and saw A Scanner Darkly on Saturday. I really really enjoyed this film. It kept me interested with fine actors on screen (Winona Rider wasn't annoying for once, still a little whiney though :P). Also, I still haven't got around to seeing Waking Life yet so the Rotoscope technique was really good to see in a film again, giving it the surreal effect which I haven't seen since Wizards.

Then on the Sunday we went back out to Richmond for house shopping (or I should say outfitting, we aren't going to buy little tiny houses... that would be silly). We took back the TV we originally bought as it was not everything we had hoped for and got a better deal. And they were nice enough to deliver it for us for free as they had no models they could sell us on site. Also we went back to IKEA and got the couch that we saw last week. It gets delivered tomorrow so when I get home from work I'll have something comfy to relax on in the evenings as apposed to the chairs we borrowed from Christine (which we appreciate none the less). And then we sat back, ate dinner and watched the last three episodes of Doctor Who from the current season.

T'was a good week.

No comments: