Thursday, August 03, 2006

Crash and Ball

I decided to go to the park today for lunch. The weather outside was a delightful temperature, Sun not too warm and pleasant breeze flowed lightly to be cool but not "grab your jumpers, its gonna be freezing". I walked to the curb and waited for the passing cars to travel by. One person decided to slow down and let me cross, which was very nice of them. Canadians are quite polite I must say, and Vancouver (can't say much about the rest of the cities) is very pedestrian friendly, so this while a typical occurrence, is still a nice surprise. However, the people traveling behind them did not obviously see them slowing down and ran right into the back of them. I just stood there dumbfounded that this had happened (in Sydney its a give, usually involving a taxi). Thankfully no one was hurt, but when the offending party got out of the car they were complaining bitterly and sure enough, were American. I gave my details as a witness (and partly because I felt in some way I was the cause of this accident) also because it was very obvious what had happened.

Tonight is drop-in Indoor Soccer again. I started playing last week, Shan and I went to Coal Harbour Community Centre and the group that play are quite nice. Its good to be playing Soccer again and its different to be playing Indoor after 9 years, I'm surprised I don't suck. Although I get quite puffed at the moment, but that's to be expected, give me a few weeks and I'll be fighting fit and taking numbers. Both Shan and I have executed some lovely goals already that are good enough to write home about ... In fact I'll do that right now :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The indoor game seems to be booming over here as well. The Futsal Premiere League is up and running and Scotland should get a Futsal UEFA place this year. I might have to find a team myself soonish.

Jaime said...

Yeah, they have mixed leagues over here so Shan and I might see if we can find a team to join. Or I might see if theres a league team I can join. Its quite fun and you don’t have to run the whole length of a field (which I still enjoy). However I’ve gotta get my endurance up higher.

Oh and I now have strap my ankle after going to Erisian Fields last year.

Anonymous said...

woo!!! well done!!

(to the soccer, not causing of accident, naughty boy :p)

we were walking home for lunch a few weeks ago and saw this ambulance and stuff near the laneway near the Coles, and a little old man lying on the road, and a little old lady getting in trouble. days later his blood was still staining the concrete. i wonder if he was her ex-husband …

good luck with the soccer, guys!

Anonymous said...

Football chelle.