Thursday, May 17, 2007

Taking the good with the bad

"Hi is this Jaime"
"Yes it is, how can I help"
"This is XXX from Georgia Straight, did you recently enter a competition with Georgia Straight?"
"I've entered a few lately, which one is this about?"
"Which one would you like to win the most?"
pause
"Is this about Bjork?"
"Yes, you've won 4 tickets to see her next week and a free CD"

WOOOO!

I've always wanted to see Bjork live but never really wanted to pay the high prices in Australia and never thought I'd have a chance getting tickets here as they go fast. And yet 4 tickets just land in my lap. This is like the 8th thing I've won from Georgia Straight and heres to many more.

Shan lately had her operation to see if it was possible to detect the cause of her Pulsatile Tinnitus. When she got out, shes been in a sad state of migraines and nausea the last few days. We're kinda worried since this migraine pattern was similar to what started the pulsing in the first place. We joked this morning that it was possible that since its been 2 years since this began, maybe it will go away and be on a 2 year cycle. Fingers crossed it doesn't get worse.

4 comments:

Shanathalas said...

I'm hoping that Bjork means a change in our favour. From now on, the world is our gooey mollusk!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime,

Björk for free sounds good! I hope this is a turn for the better for you and Shannon's luck. Please give my love to Shannon and I hope she is feeling better now. Other than causing her pain, did they actually find out anything useful during the operation?
-Alex

Unknown said...

w00t! That's very exciting indeed. I haven't seen Bjork since early uni. :)

I'm not sure what I make of her new album, but I do know that since listening to it in the shops on the weekend, I have her duet with Anthony ("The dull flame of desire") stuck in my head.

Fingers crossed indeed that this + the migraine series could signal aturn in luck and the end of a 2y on/off cycle-- or even better, maybe a mysterious end to a mysterious incident!

Jaime said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys, you can read shans account here.