Saturday, May 26, 2007

If you want to drink and drive, don't forget to take your car

So Wednesday was Bjork and it was good night out. As I stated in my earlier post I won 4 tickets so I took Shan, Rob and Rena out to Deer Lake Park. We were a little worried that we were going to be late as doors opened at 5pm but it turned out that music didn't really start until 6ish and when we arrived at 6:30 and this bizarre icelandic guy (i believe this was an assumption although i'm pretty sure he did say he was from the "wonderful iceland") has his "music" pumping while we found a place to sit. It was a bizarre mix of spoken word and music. It generally rambled about being in his house drinking, hanging out with friends and life lessons. Apparently, "if you want to drink and drive, don't forget to take your car" was a lesson that speaks volumes.

And then Bjork came on. Her weird little tellytubbies ran onto stage with their instruments and then the music started. It started out with some of her new music and then went through a few of her old favourites. It was awesome to hear Army of Me live (on of my favourite songs). I think the cutest thing was the way she said "thank you" at the end of each of her songs. It was a good night out and we had a blast. Thanks for the lift home Rena.

Later in the week Shan and I rented some movies. Finally got to see Slither staring Nathan Fillion in all his glory. The movie itself was not that great, but he acted his heart out and did a great job in a so so movie. Also hired Night at the Museum and was surprised at the movie as it was quite fun, leave your brain at the door.

This weekend we're going to see Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend and I still have 28 weeks later and even though I've been warned off it, trying to see Spiderman at a matinée if possible, but trying to avoid full price fare.

2 comments:

Shanathalas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanathalas said...

I was on the fence about Spiderman III, until I saw this:



I have decided I don't want to give Marvel anymore of my money.