Sunday, December 10, 2006

Vistors from the 4th Dimension!

So I was halfway through Ziggy Stardust (on hard) when I started hearing this noise coming from outside. I looked outside and saw a police box suddenly turn into a taxi. Out jumped the doctor and his lovely assistant. It was a new doctor. I don't think i've ever seen the doctor with mutton chops. I went down to greet them and let these strange people into my home. The doctor said his name was "Bez" but i knew it was the doctor. His assistant was "Shoshe" but I haven't heard of her, probably a new to be released series.

After settling in we went to meet Shannon at the nearby restaurant Las Margaritas. We had a lovely dinner. After which, a little tipsy, wandered back to our place and ate Oreos while we conquered Guitar Hero 2. We went through on Easy and then did some challenges against each other. Heaps of fun. I especially loved the moving between tiers on the map. Reminded me a bit of this. A bit lacking on the track side I thought at first. This would change the following night.

The next day, we went to the Vancouver Aquarium. We hadn't been in a while and we weren't overly sure of what crowds would be like. However since it was slightly rainy we were able to get in and hardly had anyone to contend with. We got to see otter feeding, Beluga Whale show and the Dolphin show. When went to the other exhibits we were delighted to find that they had finished the previous construction and had extended the areas. The new area had spots where you could stick your head into a dome and see the whole tank around you. Those were pretty awesome and allowed for some very silly pictures to be taken. Also for the first time we we actually saw the sloth in the amazon exhibit. The Doc... i mean Bez pointed it out. And then started to tell us about how slothes with different toes can be really nasty. All I have heard in the past was that slothes occasionally killed people by dying and then eventually falling out of trees when sufficiently rotted and killed people by landing on their heads. But I suppose "Bez" was talking about mystical future slothes. I wonder if they ever tussle with the Daleks.

After leaving the Aquarium I left Bez and Shoshe in Shan's capable hands and went to my works Christmas Dinner. It was good to finally meet some of my colleagues from up North and from the Island. We ate and drank a little and then had a raffle, which was setup since they weren't allowed to pay for our drinks due to UBC policy. And guess what, I won something! I won a $50 gift voucher to Earls, which must have been fate since thats where I was going to meet Shan, her Mum and the time travelers after leaving the Christmas party. Upon arrival I had a lovely desert and a couple of girly drinks (which contained enough alcohol to floor a rhino) and then went back to our place to take the medium challenge of Guitar Hero 2.

And what a challenge. Firstly, I thought I was special when I got an encore at the end of the first tier. I thought I had was the bees knees, the cats pajama's and the elephants instep. And then Shoshe got an encore and then Bez got an encore. Now I don't want to discount their efforts as both of them were very good players but then we realised it was the bonus song going from one tier to the next. We played until almost 2am. At the end. Freebird. We were really sure we wanted to play it. So Bez did. It gave him several chances to back out, but he slugged on. And thus he finished it. 9mins long with 83% success. We were very proud and rewarded him with a robotic hand as his old one was completely used up. Solo Q to S really did him in. Then growing tired we crashed.

The next day we went for Brunch at Sophie's Cosmic Cafe. We ate a hearty brunch and then soon it was time for our time travelers to leave to go back to the future ... ok ok .. "Australia". We said our goodbyes as the taxi took them away from us into the future. I asked for horse races and lotto numbers, but "Bez" said that would change history and was not "allowed". Lucky for me he left Gray's Sports Almanac 2000 - 2050. And now I shall rule Vancouver forever!

Thanks for dropping by Bez and Shoshe, it was great to see you.

5 comments:

Kass said...

And you called ME bonkers!

I mean, I am, but you're just if not MORE insane than I am :)

Jaime said...

But Kass, you are insane. Quite, quite insane. I think just because I wrote one insane thing doesn't make me more insane than you :P

Kass said...

I never denied being insane Jaime, and I'm not taking your insanity meter from this one post ;)

Jaime said...

I didn't know I even had an insanity meter to take?

And now its taken I miss it .... boo hoo :P

Anonymous said...

It was certainly nice to have visitors from overseas. Its such a pity that the weather was so crappy, but at least the marine animals didn't mind the rain.

I hope we have more visitors soon. but not before my foot heals.