Sunday, December 31, 2006

5am

I was having the most wonderful dream about pineapples when this noise started. At first I thought it was my heart beeping to tell me that something was up with the pineapples. Then I was apple to crack my eyes open a bit to the pitch blackness and thought "the alarms is going off ... but i haven't heard that alarm before". Then my wits kicked open the door, "the phone" .. of course! I crawled to the phone hoping this wasn't a 5am "[family member/good friend] has gone into hospital and is probably never coming out again, would you like to [a] send them some flowers, [b] come and see them before they die or [c] help sign the DNR".

But I was surprised by 30+ of my good friends from Australia (including that Wingus Guy, you know who you are) ringing up to say "HAPPY NEW YEAR". My apologies if I sounded cranky from being woken up but i had only been asleep for 3 hours. I really appreciated the call and if Shannon hadn't been in a deep sleep she would have got on the phone as well, as apposed to the waving from the bed which was pretty tired. But thanks guys, it meant alot that you called.

Happy new year Future people, I hope I can return the favour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moo hoo ha ha!

Happy New Year, J.