Friday, August 04, 2006

Thurn and Taxis @ Drexoll

On friday we went down to Drexoll Games and played Thurn and Taxis. I found it to be a very enjoyable game. We had the rules explained to us and alot of it was very similar to Ticket to Ride (no surprises since it was the same creator). This helped alot as I could look at the board and know what the best stratergy would be to use in the first few turns. After 2 hours (including rules explanation) we had a winner: me :) So already I liked it. However I could say it was a really easy game, flows very well, with minimal chances for others to screw you over (plenty of chances to screw yourself if your not paying attention ... twice). Shan's only compaint was there wasn't enough bile. A great game, easy to see why it was voted best game and would be a great addition to any gaming club.

We then played a game of El Grande (plenty of Bile there). I was winning until Frida pulled out this ridiculous move (well it was completely legit but I say ridiculous) and shot ahead of everyone (and stayed there for good) making it more of a race for 2nd place. In the end I think I came third but it was a real fun game of El Grande. It took us around 3 1/2 hours and then it was time to go home.

We then went home and watch Cinderella Man, as we hadn't seen it yet. It was ok but the ending was predictable. If pushed I might be able to give it 3 stars, maybe 3.5 for the photography and production value.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been playing a lot of ‘Zug um Zug’, which is the German name for the European setting of ‘Ticket to Ride’.

Jaime said...

Ticket to Ride is quite fun. Alot more chances to stop other people acheiving their goals and really get the Bile flowing. I haven’t tried any of the expansions yet though.