Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Haven't really felt like blogging

I've hit a general malaise. Well technically I couldn't say it was a general but there were several stars on his shoulders so I just assumed and decided to lay low for a bit. I would say "not much has happened" but the exciting news is we (that is Shan and I) are going to Europe for a month. Its just too exciting, it's excitement to the max. We're going to go to Paris, Dusseldorf, London, Edinburgh and the west country. We're going to see a heap of friends who we haven't seen in 2-3 years, it's really lifting my spirits that we're going.

In other news, I was saddened yesterday to hear that Gary Gygax died. An important figure in the D&D/RPG community of which I've played modules of his since 1985, first with my father and then with my party when I took the DM mantle. While everyone may not have liked D&D or him personally he along with a few others were the ones who made the revolutionary move from wargaming to an individual state of play which became roleplaying.

Been watching a lot of movies lately. I really really liked No Country for Old Men and There Will be Blood. Juno was throughly enjoyable and a fun film to watch.

TV wise, I've started watching Rescue Me which stars Dennis Leary. I'm hooked on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles which I don't really know why. The actress playing Connor isn't overly convincing and the story is a little hokey, but its sci-fi and not terrible so its kinda fun. Plus it Stars Summer Glau hitting people very hard in an unemotional kind of way. Then again, I think I could watch most things where Glau hits a guy. Torchwood has started again and soon the next season of Doctor Who will be up. Lost has been really good this season, surprisingly good.

Other than that, kicking along. Been taking a Grammar class to see if I have it in me to go back to uni since it's a benefit of UBC to cover a certain amount of credits per year. The class went well and I feel that after I take a maths course I should be ready to take full advantage of the "free" tuition.

So I know I said this once before but I will try and blog more often. At least once a month. I tend to blog a bit more frequently on One Sentence Hive but for those who don't frequent there or like to get full info from here, I'll be more diligent.

Peace out

No comments: