Wednesday, April 04, 2007

588 pieces later

Last night, Shan finally got around to clearing the table and we started working on the new Creator Lego Dragon I bought a few weeks back. It was fun to be building lego again, but this is not the batch of lego which for the last couple of years has been "100 pieces and one huge base piece" which has little challenge to it, this contains 588 little pieces which go to form the whole firebreathing dragon with light up breath. Took us together about 1.5 hours while watching the hockey and arguing over "I want to build this piece" "no i want to build this piece" "OMG! It has toes!".

There was a special glow brick which lights up the Dragons breath. It can be seen here, demonstrated by my lovely assistant, Shannon.



The finished product is below. For the full build process go to my flickr and look at the "Lego Dragon" Set. His wing span is 75 cm's long, I was seriously impressed.

DSCN6810

Apart from the wonderful world of lego, nothing much else is going on. We're widening our boardgame group. And I'm undergoing a project to run a D&D campaign with 2 other DM's in the Eberron setting. When I've got further with the wiki, I'll post the link.

The other day I got to see a crow with a twig in its mouth. It studied the twig for a full 5 minutes. Then flew around to several different trees on either side of the street and each time measured the branches and the twig several times. It finally settled on one tree and laid the twig on two branches and then flew off. I hope it comes back. It was fascinating, and I got to watch this all to the music of Assemblage 23. It felt kinda right.

1 comment:

Kass said...

That is truly awesome! I want one!