Friday, January 19, 2007

Sean Bean: The man who lives?

Sean Bean has been in about 35 films and to date he has survived maybe 4 of them (give or take a few). So when I won free tickets to the remake of The Hitcher I was hoping for another point toward his "haha I lived" quota.

The movie itself was surprisingly good. I was expecting a gore film as the creators of this version were responsible for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Amityville Horror. However, what I got was a pretty good and tense horror film. I jumped at the right moments, said "don't do that" aloud in the cinema and held on to the edge of my seat.

I went with Rob, as Shan was too chicken, and he said it was pretty much like the original with some of the parts being verbatim dialogue. I think I still want to see the original as I'm a huge Rutger Hauer fan when he was getting the good roles like Lady Hawk, Blade Runner, Flesh & Blood and Salute of the Jugger (apparently called "The Blood of Heroes" in America).

All in all, I enjoyed it and felt I had successfully survived a horror film without any lingering thoughts of fear. Or so I thought....

No comments: