Wednesday, November 15, 2006

We paid for blood!

Last night I went out with Rob to a Canucks game. It was my first live Ice Hockey game (if you don't include the game we played back in Sydney) and it was Canucks vs the Detroit Red Wings. I can surely say I picked a good game to see. Full of penalties (of which a few I had to query Rob over) and rough housing enough to satisfy the next person (and did, they were cheering all the way through).

The Canucks wanted to win. It was obvious to see. However the Red Wings seemed to want it more. In the end I think the shots on goal from the Red Wings was double that of the Canucks. 3-2 final score. Luongo did his best and saved a hell of a lot of Pucks but the Red Wings got lucky and the Canucks defense could have been better.

The best part of the game was a shot on the canucks goal. Luongo missed it but it hit the top of the goal and bounced off, the ringing noise could be heard from up where we were sitting. It then got stuck in the net and we could see a guy trying to shake the net until the puck dropped out and he caught it. He got a lot of cheering and jeering for that. But, as Rob said, if you paid for tickets where he was sitting it was well worth trying to get a puck.

The main foul came when the Canucks got a third goal disallowed as they said there was "Goalie tampering" because the Goalie was on the ice. But it was plain to see nothing had happened. There was a lot of yelling at that point and my ears started to hurt. But I was yelling to as I was outraged! Outraged I say! Those poor Canucks.

Anyways, I had a great time and would definitely go back and see another game any day.

No comments: