Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sunchasers

With Vancouver in full summer mode we have truly chased the sun to its resting place like Anningan chases Malina (who is well and truly in control here). We have sunlight until 10:30pm last night which is a really weird experience but means you can have a lot more sunlight to do activities in the day. The temperature is perfect around 25 degrees and the sun doesn't tend to burn you to death. I've always been a very anti-sun person (what with my plans to pull the sun from the sky) but I feel my temperament cooling towards a more Vancouver temperature.

We walked around the city today and shan had a blast showing me around the place. A few sites i remembered from the last time we were in Vancouver 4-5 years ago but most places were new to me. We had some nice Japanese food for lunch and then went shopping.

It really feels weird to be living in a new city and a new continent. I like it though. I'll review that feeling after I've been here a while depending on my employment situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Sunset at 10:30pm would be great, although may make it harder to put the kids to bed. We managed to get them both down by 8pm tonight (that’s pretty good for us). Glad to see you posting your first experiences of your new adventure! Keep it up! (And good luck with the job hunting).

Anonymous said...

It’s the same here. Sunlight after 10 pm took a while to get used to.